We are looking for multiple Senior Full Scala Engineers to help build out our new product development hub in Romania. We’re expanding on our current teams in this new location for Minna Technologies because we believe this is the best way to build a permanent and powerful presence with strong product development teams. We are now looking to find the first talented engineers that will form the backbone for this new hub, and to do so we need senior talents with a great sense of ownership and responsibility.
Minna creates the genius infrastructure that enables subscription businesses such as Netflix, Spotify and Orange and top-tier financial institutions such as Lloyds in UK, ING Romania, OP & Swedbank to work together to enable consumers to take control of their subscriptions, offering easy access to actions such as canceling, pausing or resubscribing subscriptions.
We are currently expanding with great traction and see great potential for future growth. This was also obvious during the pandemic where we saw a big increase in the global interest for strong subscription management.
As a senior engineer in this new hub, you will work closely with our product and engineering leadership to make sure this new hub is successful in taking our platform to the next level, making it easier for partners to integrate and offering even more powerful subscription management actions.
This position is open in Bucharest, Romania.
Architecting, designing and building maintainable solutions for our platform, including public facing APIs, developer portals and working on the core platform
- Work efficiently with team members, product managers and external stakeholders to understand, estimate and deliver on requirements
- Evolve our technology stack to enable us to support our existing customer base of 20+ million users and the next 100 million we onboard
Who are you
- Experienced in architecting, building and operating distributed cloud applications at scale
- Thrives as a part of an inclusive agile team that highly values pragmatic problem solving and continuous improvements
- Enjoys learning and sharing knowledge with peers about technology and solutions in a growing and fast paced environment
- Experience from working in regulated environments like Financial Technology
- Strong experience in Scala, the JVM and popular frameworks
- Experience of architectural design patterns, performance tuning and functional designs expected
- Being motivated by helping others
- Previous experience from working in on-call rotations and/or SRE roles
- As this would be a senior role within Minna, we would like to see 5+ years of relevant experience
Our global benefits
In order to do good, we need to feel good. Our carefully selected benefits are here for your flexibility and wellbeing! Learn more about what they are here.
Learn about Minna
Minna is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Minna for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. We value autonomy and collaboration way more than hierarchy, and we value a safe and equal work environment where you're encouraged to grow while being yourself.
Minna Technologies is a fintech company established in Gothenburg, Sweden in 2016. We have customers across six European markets, and our US expansion started in 2022. Our mission is to create genius infrastructure that empower everyone. We are partnering with top-tier banks and forward-leaning subscription business as well as backed by some of the biggest financial companies in the world. Everything we do is driven by our passion for creating a problem-free subscription economy. Today, we are the category leaders in building subscription management solutions for retail banks and we have 20 million users worldwide by connecting banks & merchants through our powerful platform.
Check out our Minna Technologies Instagram and get to know us better better.