At Minna, Product, Engineering, and Sales work closely together to ensure 100% alignment throughout the business, speed up decision-making and have clear accountability. We have a tight bond and collaborate daily on the most highly prioritized improvements. This role is for a commercially savvy but technically adept senior product manager. You will own the API product used to integrate with Minna by all customers. You will report directly to the Director of Product.
Minna has created the infrastructure which connects Subscription Merchants (e.g Netflix, Spotify and Disney) to top-tier Financial Institutions (e.g Lloyds Bank, ING Belgium, Swedbank) to enable shared consumers to easily take action on their subscriptions, such as canceling, pausing or changing plans from within their banking application. The Subscriber API facilitates this communication.
This role will own the Subscriber API product strategy, planning and delivery and will work with stakeholders across the business including the Director of Subscription Business, Director of Integrations, Director of Engineering and others to maintain, manage and execute its backlog.
What you will be doing:
- This role lies at the intersection of product, integrations, engineering and sales.
- The role will focus on product strategy, planning and execution for Minna’s Subscriber API.
- Collaborate with product and engineering stakeholders to enhance the API product, developing granular roadmap with milestones, charting out dependencies, defining features, writing product specifications and PRDs, iterating on feedback, managing backlog, writing user stories and implementing test plans
- Collaborate with onboarding and sales on how to integrate with us and why our API works the way it does.
- Capture market and customer feedback to enhance and drive the evolution of our API. This includes working closely with bank and merchant customers to implement innovative new subscription management experiences, and doing user research and A/B testing to drive adoption.
- Own the roadmap and strategy for your product area whilst working with stakeholders to prioritize initiatives and overall goals. This includes conducting competitive analysis to stay ahead of market trends and developments.
- Manage all key product metrics relating to our API, maintain SLA’s, monitor performance and report on product health.
- The role is based in the US (east coast) but will work with teams based in US, UK, Europe and India
- Define and prioritize your API product roadmap based on market research, customer feedback and business goals.
- Collaborate with other departments to define and document API requirements, ensuring they align with customer needs and Minna’s business goals.
- Create user stories, prioritize backlog, run refinement sessions, participate in retros with engineers, and work with marketing to promote resulting releases.
- Own reaching product market fit for API with both financial institutions and subscription businesses. Be the internal champion for understanding how our product removes subscription management friction across the ecosystem with help from marketing, product and leadership.
- Support client relationships with on-site client visits/ remote sessions for demos and technical sales discussions.
- Write and own API documentation and other technical collateral for helping integrations.
- Ensure delivery of API KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Minimum 6 years product management experience
- 4+ years experience at a subscription merchant or subscription billing platform
- Proven experience as a Technical PM/PO, specifically for API products or in highly technical products
- Engineering or equivalent practical experience background - ability to build and work with technical solutions is a must
- Ability to do technical product management, user-centered design, or product strategy as needed
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and work effectively in a cross-functional team.
- Strong analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Startup or early scale up experience is preferred
- Resilience, growth mindset, and customer centricity are the keys to success at Minna
- Excellent communication, leadership, and stakeholder management skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non technical stakeholders to drive alignment and action.
Our global benefits
Find more information about our benefits here
- Freedom to choose your way of working, you get the opportunity to choose from where and when you work
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- Private health insurance
- Subscription allowance
Minna is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, ethnicity, skin colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. We celebrate and embrace a diverse workforce and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.